The links listed below include government, corporations, associations and agencies with a direct or indirect role in supporting and promoting health and safety. They will provide teachers, students and others access to a broad range of information about best practices and current legislation relating to health and safety.
If you find other websites or articles that you believe should be included on the JSSS website, and that others might be interested in, contact us and we will review the link or article for inclusion on this page.
Are you an advocate for youth workplace safety? Interested in contributing to the overall wellbeing of your community and playing your part in empowering today’s youth for tomorrow’s workplaces?
If so, here’s why YOU should volunteer as a Job Safety Skills Society Ambassador:
- Simply put (and as the old cliche goes), you’ll get to “be the change you wish to see!”
- You’ll get to share your unique knowledge and experience with future generations of workers.
- You’ll be increasing awareness of workplace hazards and health and safety risks.
- Best of all, you’ll be empowering youth to learn about their rights and responsibilities as employees.
Now that we’ve captured your interest, here are the various ways in which YOU can get involved:
- Become a Facilitator – visit high schools to facilitate presentations on a variety of safety-related topics.
- Mentor a Teacher – Work one-on-one with Career and Technology Studies (CTS) teachers to answer their questions and connect them to safety training resources.
- Help Us Develop Learning Resources – Assist in developing JSSS presentations and provide input for online safety program development.